As part of Safe Work Australia Month we are recommending staff and dental teams look at two of our CPD/training exercises:
- Endodontic accidents with sodium hypochlorite No.53*
- Team Talk: Using TCA (TrichloroAcetic Acid) or gs-85 in the dental clinic No. 46
Being prepared for the unexpected is part of quality and safety.
If you aren’t a SmartDentist subscriber yet we encourage you to read the following articles on sparkhealthmd and set up your own staff training.
- Geoff Knight’s article on the use of TCA from ADA News Bulletin.
- Review: the use of sodium hypochlorite in endodontics – potential complications and their management H. R. Spencer, V. Ike & P. A. Brennan. British Dental Journal 202, 555 – 559 (2007)
SmartDentist: Safety and Quality dental practices.
* A recent CRA study reported that 28% of dentists surveyed had reported having a sodium hypochlorite accident.
NOTE: SmartDentist subscribers have a simple system to email staff about new training with automatic recording of staff activities. Dental practitioners with Dental Board of Australia CPD commitments can also use this training.