End-of-month bookkeeping is a way of life for most of us running a dental practice. What about also having an end-of-month reconciliation of your online presence?
Save money, worry and time by checking your own online presence, marketing, advertising, and SEO free with free Google tools. Would that be too hard? No and someone on your staff would love to do this. Don’t they love playing on the internet!
SmartDentist wants to help you do this easily.
Check out our newest policy on SmartDentist –
End of month: Online Marketing and advertising
With links and a checklist of your online presence, this policy helps dental practices to gather together all their online marketing details they need to ensure the practices online presence stays relevant, effective and up-to-date.
Online marketing details?
Did you know Google and Bing provide a range of free tools that are used by SEO and marketers to keep track of your online marketing. Yes – they are free!
The policy allows you to gather the details for these in the one place and gives simple lists of tasks to keep your website and social media presence working well. For each of the Google tools you simply need to register. So once you have registered to use these tools you will need somewhere to note where you store your username and password. e.g. these are your online marketing details!
If you have ever wondered or worried after being approached about your inadequate google ranking? Have you had visits from sales people wanting to help boost our Google Local Business listing?
You can pay someone to review these FREE TOOLS and report their finding back to you. You can pay someone to remind you to pay them to add a photo on your Google Local Page listing…or
use this new policy with lists and links and free tools (all together on one page) so you can actually check out what is happening in your online life. The policy also gives you lists of easy tasks to keep your online presence working for you.
Policy task example
Google MyBusiness Task:
- Add a new photo each month to your Google Local Business listing.
[ Do your staff all have an iPhone/android phone at work? Why not have a photo competition for your Google Local Business photo needs.]
Do you have a practice facebook page?
Then use this “End of Month” policy to remind you to “share” information into your facebook presence. Need ideas of what to share? The policy includes websites which should provide you with a new share idea each month.
Marketing and My own practice website
Two years ago Google announce that having a https site was a ranking signal
…and we all want to rank well with Google!
While the change doesn’t make that much sense for dental practice sites I decided that I would update my practice website from http to https. (Read about Google search and https)
For localdentist websites, my site is the “crash-test-dummy”.
Along with making my site into a https site I have made “under the boot” SEO changes.
Below are the changes I have just recently made to my site.
- https – This is a cost change because of the need to purchase an SSL certificate. This is a yearly extra cost.
- Structured data added. See the lowest part of my website with details such as open hours etc. This has been setup with special data coding. Google recommends this coding and may utilise it in page rankings someday. Read more… You wont see the extent of these changes unless you used the developer tools on your web browser and look at the source code of the page.
- Facebook share and follow links – allowing practices to easily “share” the monthly website updates into their other social media such as Facebook.
Recent pages have a facebook share friendly image for excellent presentation.
- Increased Search engine friendly links to the extensive range of Localdentist pages. Practices can now just let me know if they want individual pages removed or replaced with their own content.
If you have a “localdentist” websites then these changes will be integrated into your site over time(except https). If you would like to change your site to https like mine please contact me.
For subscribers who do their own website or have a wordpress site I am happy to help or provide training.
SmartDentist users – happy to help with your end of month marketing updates!