A new dental staff member excitedly turns up on their first day. What sort of induction do you offer? Are you stressed or flustered trying to find forms you haven’t seen for some time? – Employee detail forms; tax declaration form; confidentiality form; Super choices form. Is it possible for New staff induction to be made easy?
Where did we find those forms last time we employed someone?
What are our legal obligations now?
We don’t employ new staff very often so it is fantastic to know that SmartDentist has just re-vamped the New Staff Induction page so it works both as a checklist and to link us to all the documents we want!
I am so excited!
This feature wasn’t designed with you in mind! It was designed with me in mind.
We have a maternity leave replacement and we are employing a new trainee. With the SmartDentist induction page we have link to printable resources:
- ATO and Super forms (compulsory)
- New Employee details form
- Immunisation forms for staff to take to their GP to fill in
- Confidentiality form
- Fairwork letter of engagement template
- Fairwork Information statement (compulsory)
- Job description for a role e.g. DA
- Links to any compulsory policies e.g. Code of conduct; Uniform and Dress; Social Media and Mobile phone use etc (all available as templates for you to use)
Did you know that you only have about one week to be a major influence in a new employee’s life! That means you start straight away with the things that are incredibly hard to “train-out” of a person. Don’t rush with the hand hygiene policy etc. You will teach that as it is new. But the mobile phone and uniform and social media are already part of this persons DNA so you need to concentrate on them first.
I am sure SmartDentist subscribers will feel the same as me – confident in appearing as professional employers on the new employee’s first day. If you need more information check out Alaska Dental Associates.